The last two years have brought forth many unique challenges for supply chain managers around the world. At Snap One, our Supply Chain team confronted each challenge as an opportunity to improve our current business process so Snap One could be even more efficient and effective going forward.
In line with our commitment to Product Availability as articulated in our Partner Pledge, we decided to be transparent regarding our supply chain processes and improvements during a recent webinar which you can watch here. We begin with an overview of global considerations and impacts and then dive into supply and procurement process improvements.
Supply Chain and Sourcing Webinar, Winter 2021. Panelists: Chief Operations Officer, Jeff Dungan; Senior Vice President of Operations, Nathan Porter; Vice President of Supply Chain, Brian Earls; Senior Business Development Manager, Andy Balassy. Webinar host: Gary Usher
In high-level summary, below are some of the activities the Snap One Supply Chain team performs to keep product inventory in a healthy position so we can continue to provide world-class products and services to our partners:
- Based on increased supplier lead-times, Snap One is providing a rolling 18 month forecast to suppliers.
- Based on increased supplier lead-times, Snap One has placed 12 months of physical purchase orders with many suppliers.
- Snap One has created a Supply Chain Watchtower team to focus on supply chain risk identification, revenue impact projections, and risk mitigation.
- Snap One is meeting with component-level manufacturers to better understand constraints and align demand/supply plans.
- Due to constraints of physical ocean containers, Snap One has developed an additional courier relationship to increase container availability in Asia.
- West Coast ocean port congestion continues to impede timely receipts, however once vessels reach port, Snap One has created an expedited process to move containers from vessel -> to dock -> to truck -> to warehouse.
We strive to honor our Partner Pledge commitments. Your feedback helps us prioritize initiatives and improve our products, services, and support. If you have a suggestion for how we can better serve you, just drop us a line at email@example.com..