In this release, dealers could take snapshots from Luma IP cameras in OvrC and get access to number of significant enhancements to OvrC Pro, including the ability to control PoE outlets on non-SnapAV switches, and reboot projectors that use the standard PJLink protocol.
Luma IP Camera Snapshots
With a new firmware update for the Luma IP cameras, dealers could now take a snapshot from OvrC mobile or desktop with a click of a button. This provides integrators a quick method to check the field of view during installation or check on a camera’s view during a support call. No need to open any ports or leave your OvrC dashboard during troubleshooting.
New OvrC Pro Integrations & Enhancements
Ever since our initial launch of OvrC Pro, we continue to evolve the product with additional product integrations and troubleshooting tools based on your feedback. This release includes a number of really powerful features that are critical for troubleshooting networks.
OvrC Pro: Control PoE Outlets on Non-Araknis Switches via SNMP
We all know that rebooting IP devices resolves problems 80% of the time, so the ability to reboot devices is a critical capability in your troubleshooting arsenal. In this release, we are extending your ability to reboot PoE devices connected to non-Araknis PoE switches through the OvrC Hub. No additional setup or configuration required. Just update OvrC Hub to the latest firmware version, run a new scan, and click the switches on the network to see the new features.
The switches that will work for this varies by how the manufacturer has implemented SNMP, but we have tested and validated across the following brand/models. It is likely that many other models will work as is, but if it doesn’t, we encourage you to provide feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org so we could integrate them in the future releases.
- Pakedge (SX-24P8)
- Ubiquiti (EdgeSwitch line, UniFi switch line)
- Luxul (AMS-2616P, AMS-2624P)
- Cisco (SG250-10P)
- Netgear (FS728Tv2, FS752TP, GS108Tv2, GS110TP, GS716Tv2, GS724Tv3, GS748Tv4, GS510TP, GS724/48TP, GS7xxTS/TPS)
By the way, in case you missed the last release, OvrC Pro also supports rebooting outlets on Panamax PDUs!
OvrC Pro: Enhancements to Existing Integrations and Features
We revisited some of the features and product integrations that we’ve already enabled to make them even better. Here are a few updates:
- Zigbee Device Names on Control4 – For the Zigbee devices that the Hub is able to monitor on a Control4 system, we are now pulling in the custom device names that you designated in Composer, making it easy for you to identify which product it is during troubleshooting.
- Snapshots from Third-Party Cameras – We’ve enabled the ability for you to take a snapshot in OvrC from many third-party IP cameras through the OvrC Hub. This has been implemented using standard protocols and may not apply to all cameras.
- Reset IP Projectors – For on-network projectors using the PJLink standard protocols, you can soft reboot the projector through the OvrC Hub.
- Select and Launch Apps on Roku – During troubleshooting, sometimes it is important for you to try launching different apps on a Roku. This new feature enables you to do that from OvrC.
- Full Switching Capability with Binary Matrix – Through OvrC Hub, you have access to the full switching capabilities of the Binary Matrix. Historically, this was only available to an integrator if you were directly connected to the Matrix on site.
Check out a quick micro video on these new features below:
As always, we continue to evolve our product based on your feedback. Please continue to provide your thoughts and ideas to email@example.com. Thanks!