Last month, we told you about our commitment to resolve issues around false notifications or poor accuracy of the device status (read our last blog here).
Today, we’re delivering on that commitment with the release of OvrC Pro Application 6.2.0, focused on improving 3rd party device notifications for OvrC Pro locations, plus several additional enhancements and fixes.
The OvrC Team has improved the platform with a more rigorous process for validating the connection status of 3rd party devices. Our early testing shows up to a 30% reduction in the quantity of 3rd party device notifications and overall increase in the accuracy of device status.
In the coming months, we have several releases planned to improve the quantity, accuracy, and relevancy of notifications for OvrC-enabled and 3rd party devices.
- Updated HTTPS SSL method from SSLv2.3 to TLSv1.2, the latest encryption protocol (replacing SSL) that provides increased communication security over the network.
- The hostname for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha devices is updated to the device name for easier device identification.
- Device Discovery, Health Monitor, and Speed Test services are now disabled by default.
- Fixed issue where large Control4 systems did not display properly, by creating a larger time-out
- Fixed issue with 3rd party devices reporting inaccurate SNMP information on OvrC by filtering LAG ports from the protocol.
- Improved handling of OvrC Pro local UI when HTTPS is enabled.
- Fixed physical factory default button not working (Hub-300 ONLY).
- Fixed issue with scheduler where relative time-zone was not taken into consideration.
- Fixed issue where device manufacturer’s information would corrupt due to server outages.
OvrC Pro App Version: 6.2.0
Models & Firmware Version:
- OVRC-300-PRO Host Device Version: 126.96.36.199
- OVRC-100-HUB Host Device Version: 188.8.131.52
- AN-310-RT Host Device Version: 1.1.64
Note: The AN-110W-RT and AN-110-RT routers are not included in this release. In order to take advantage of these updates, the OvrC Pro device (OvrC Hub or Araknis X10 router) will have to be rebooted in order to retrieve the updates.
As always, we continue to evolve our product based on your feedback. Please continue to provide your thoughts and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!